» OPEN CALL
dotART and Exhibit Around APS associations (promoters of the Trieste Photo Days 2022 festival) are launching an open call for all photographers for the Pasolini Photo Days 2022 project.
Submissions for the Call are completely free, as is participation in the project in case of selection.
Pasolini Photo Days 2022 project will be a tribute that will combine photography, literature, re-mediation and moments of encounter, in the international context of the Trieste Photo Days and the Photo Days Tour (the setting for events taking place outside the city during the festival).
The goal is to celebrate Pier Paolo Pasolini’s cultural and iconographic heritage through photography on the occasion of the centenary of his birth.
Pasolini Photo Days 2022 is a contaminated and multidisciplinary project that embraces different areas: photography, mythology, history and literature, bond with the territory. Common denominators: the work of Pier Paolo Pasolini, photography and the regional territory.
» THEMES AND STYLE
The call is aimed at photographers interested in submitting single photos and/or projects/portfolios in tribute to the figure of Pier Paolo Pasolini, an intellectual and total artist of the twentieth century.
The open call is aimed at the production of two photographic volumes dedicated to Pasolini. Each author is free to infuse the works with his own stylistic code, as well as to choose the type of photography that is most congenial to him. You can submit works for both volumes.
Below are the guidelines for each volume.
A special issue of the Exhibit Around series Mythography freely inspired by Greek / Roman mythology. Curated and introduced by Professor Enrico Medda, the volume aims to (re)read through photography some Pasolini themes that have elements in common with mythology and the ancient world.
We are therefore looking for Photos and / or Projects freely inspired by the following themes:
- Non-conformism and Transgression (Symbolized by Dionysus, god of wine, of mystical delirium and otherness)
- Religion and Sacred
- Nature and Roots
- Modernity and Suburbs
Photographic genres: fine-art, street photography, architectural photography and industrial archeology.
Curated and introduced by the writer Paolo Patui, the volume will include photos inspired by the iconography of Pasolini’s cinema, in particular the faces and close-ups.
We are therefore looking for Photos and / or Projects freely inspired by six frames depicting faces, taken from Pasolini’s cinematography and referring to the following themes:
- The face of amazement
- The face of innocence
- The face of loneliness
- The face of the mystical mystery
- The face of the violence of power
- The face of despair
Photographic genres: fine-art, portraits.
The Call is open from 29 July to 11 September 2022 on my.exhibitaround.com. Registration is completely free, as is participation in the project in case of selection. To submit the photos, just register in the Exhibit Around user area, select the call for the desired project (Pasolini Photo Days 2022: Mythography and/or Pasolini Photo Days 2022: The unmasked face) and follow the procedure for Single Photos and/or Projects/Portfolio.
You can participate in both calls on Pasolini.
» PHOTOGRAPHIC VOLUMES
Only selected authors will become part of the volumes Pasolini Photo Days 2022: Mythography and Pasolini Photo Days 2022: The unmasked face.
A preview of the photos of both volumes will be presented during the Trieste Photo Days 2022 festival (28-30 October).
A selection of the best photos taken from the two volumes will be exhibited in a cycle of international group exhibitions starting from November 2022, as part of a special section of the Photo Days Tour 2022, the setting for events taking place outside the city during the Trieste Photo Days. .
The Pasolini Photo Days events will continue until March 2023.
Only selected authors will be contacted by the Exhibit Around staff within November 2022. There are no fees to become part of the project.
Authors published in the book will be entitled to a special discount valid for the purchase of 1 copy of the volume (no free copies are provided, unless otherwise specified). All authors will receive a digital copy of the book in pdf format, which will also be published on Issuu.
For each volume, Exhibit Around APS will choose from the Selected:
- the Best Author
- the Honorable Mentions
The Best Author of the Call Pasolini Photo Days 2022: Mythography will receive:
- € 500 Amazon voucher
- personalized medal
- guest for people, for two nights at Trieste Photo Days 2022 (28-30 October) for the presentation of the project and the awarding of Pasolini Photo Days 2022: Mythography
- 1 copy of the book
The Best Author of the Call Pasolini Photo Days 2022: The unmasked face will receive:
- € 500 Amazon voucher
- personalized medal
- guest for two people, for one night, on the occasion of the presentation of the project and the exhibition, and for the award ceremony of Pasolini Photo Days 2022: The unmasked face
- 1 copy of the book
The Honorable Mentions of both Calls will be awarded with a personalized medal at the presentation events of the projects.
All winners will also receive some CRAF books as a gift.
- Each photographer can upload up to 20 single works and up to 2 projects/portfolios consisting of a minimum of 3 photos and a maximum of 20 photos.
- The photographer must specify the theme of each photo and portfolio selecting the tag.
- We accept both colour and black and white photos.
- Projects and portfolios may be accompanied by a brief description, which Exhibit Around reserves the right to modify, edit and/or not publish. The author’s name will always be present.
- We will select a photo that will become the cover image and the official visual of the project. We therefore invite authors who wish to do so to name one of the candidate photos “Book cover”. The ideal image for the cover is evocative, represents the spirit of the project well and contains “empty space” for the insertion of the title.
- Photos should not contain signatures, watermarks, or frames.
- Please do NOT upload identical photos in the Portfolio section and in the Single Photos section (e.g. a Portfolio of 20 photos + the same 20 photos as 20 Single Photos). If necessary, you can upload a maximum of 1 or 2 representative photos of your portfolio in the Single Photo section as well.
» TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IMAGES
- Format .jpg
- Colour method RGB
- Individual files must be less than 9 MB each
- Minimum size smallest side: 2000 px / maximum size longest side: 6000 px
- The file name (filename.jpg) must not contain any special characters (accents, apostrophes, symbols, etc.)
In the Portfolio section, to make sure the order of the photos is correct, add numbers in the desired sequence to the file name (e.g., “filename03.jpg”, “08filename.jpg”, …).
Each photographer retains the moral rights and intellectual property rights to his or her entries. Each author grants the dotART and Exhibit Around APS associations the non-exclusive right to use the winning/selected images to promote/publicise the non-profit activities of the association, subject to official communication to the author (whose name will always be attributed to the work).